Foreca has been active in European Union Framework Programmes and national research programmes, especially in the area of telematic road weather services. Other special expertise is in radar meteorology and weather service applications.
Examples of research and development projects, which Foreca has participated in:
- WIRMA - Industrial Internet Applications in Winter Road Maintenance, Interret Nord project 2016 -
- Aurora Network (www.snowbox.fi), 2017 -
- Finnish Transport Administration (FTA), snow accumulation forecasting for road maintenance 2016-2017
- Finnish Transport Administration (FTA), Very high resolution road condition forecast pilot 2016 - 2017
- SEAS - Smart Energy Aware systems, EU project lead by Engie, 2013 - 2017
- FIRWE - Finnish Road Weather Excellence, Consortium research and development project lead by VTT, 2012 - 2014
- ERA-NET ROAD, IRWIN project, 2008 - 2010.
- RoadIdea, a collaborative project in the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union, under Theme ICT - Information and Communication Technologies 2007 - 2010.
- USENET by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, 2008.
- ColdSpots Project co-funded by the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Finland, Finnish Road Administration, and a consortium of three public and private partners: Foreca Consulting Ltd (Project Coordinator), Destia (formerly Finnish Road Enterprise) and Finnish Meteorological Institute, 2005 - 2007.