Our company offers meteorological solutions that meet a wide range of precision farming tasks. High-resolution forward-looking data (5-10 km), the assimilation of mobile and stationary measurements and satellite data - components that allow you to get the best understanding of the impact of weather conditions on crops.
From the viewpoint of precision farming, these characteristics can be identified:
- general-purpose weather forecasts with general parameters are intended to be the common understanding of the specifics of the weather. These forecasts are optimal for long-term planning tasks. These include the following parameters: air temperature and humidity, cloudiness, dew point deficit, intensity and type of precipitation, wind speed and direction
- specialized hyperlocal forecasts: These forecasts are oriented for use in everyday tasks and are characterized by:
- high spatial detail
- high adaptation to topographic specificity of the field
- availability of meteorological parameters influencing the state of the harvest: evapotranspiration, solar radiation, lack of water vapour, temperature and soil moisture.
- Ensemble forecasts: probability of scenarios of critical fluctuations in weather conditions with a range of up to 15 days to determine the response scenarios.
Foreca’s forecasts are perfectly blended with satellite remote sensing solutions.
Planning business and operational tasks
To properly assess the impact of weather conditions on a field, one should have an accurate understanding of the area for which the forecasted weather situation will be relevant. That is why the WMO classifies the forecasting grid in macro-, meso- and micro-modeling. When planning operational response for a field or group of fields based on weather conditions, one needs to understand the scale and exact area of the impact of weather parameters. Hyperlocal forecasting by Foreca provides the base of planning works for the area of 25 km², instead of traditional 100-200km².
With Foreca solutions we propose to handle the following issue, which require the necessary competence in the field of weather forecasting:
- Monitoring and timely notifying on the most critical adverse parameters affecting the productivity
- Forecasting depth, including specialized parameters, for 1-14 days with varying steps (1h, 3h, 6h, daily)
- Methodological quality assessment of forecasts (verifications)