Training, Consultation and Research
Foreca provides meteorological and climatological research and consulting, R&D project coordination and management, and weather training for its clients.
These training courses increase the client's understanding of weather phenomena, how weather forecasts are made and how the users of Foreca services can benefit more from the weather service.
- Increase understanding of the weather phenomena
- Strengthen appreciation of the understanding of the weather as a business opportunity
- Boost operational savings
- In-depth weather lecture by Foreca meteorologist
- Interactive Q & A sessions
- Tailored guidance for using and understanding the present weather service
- Energy companies
- Maintenance companies
- Sport and recreation
- Media houses
Consultation and research
Foreca Consulting is active in European Union Framework Programmes and national research programmes, especially in the area of telematic road weather services. Other special expertise is in radar meteorology and weather service applications.
Foreca has taken part in several EU and national research programmes:
- WEATHER - Air/Ground exchange of weather information 1998-1999
- PRESTO - Precision Weather Forecasting System for Multimodal Transport 1998-2000
- CLIFF - Cluster initiative for Flood and Fire emergencies 2002 funded by the European Space Agency
- Service Centric Systems Engineering, SeCSE by EU, 2004
- Mozambique: Post-Emergency Reconstruction Programme in the Field of Meteorology 2002-2006
- ColdSpots Project co-funded by the Ministry of Transport and Communications in Finland, Finnish Road Administration, and a consortium of three public and private partners: Foreca Consulting Ltd (Project Coordinator), Destia (formerly Finnish Road Enterprise) and Finnish Meteorological Institute, 2005 - 2007.
- RoadIdea, a collaborative project in the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union, under Theme ICT - Information and Communication Technologies 2007 - 2010.
- USENET by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, 2008.
- ERA-NET ROAD, IRWIN project, 2008 - 2010.
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION AND PRICING PLEASE CONTACT SALES@FORECA.COM